Transit Services (e-tran)
Commuter Alternatives: Developer & Owner Information
The City's primary means of promoting alternative transportation options is through the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Program. The purpose of the TDM program is to develop an integrated and cooperative approach between the City and the business community to promote alternative transportation options to reduce traffic congestion and to improve the air quality in the Elk Grove and South Sacramento area. The TDM Program is available to all businesses or common work locations (such as office building/complex, commercial/retail center, or industrial building/park). To find out if your business or common work location is subject to the TDM requirements, please contact the City of Elk Grove TDM Program at (916) 687-3031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goals and intent of the TDM Program are to:
- Reduce total vehicle emissions in the City of Elk Grove by reducing the number of vehicular trips that might otherwise be generated by home-to-work commuting.
- Reduce peak hour traffic circulation in the City of Elk Grove by reducing both the number of vehicular trips and the vehicular miles traveled that might otherwise be generated by home-to-work commuting by a minimum of twenty percent (20%).
- Increase the efficiency of the existing transportation network in the City of Elk Grove.
- Promote an integrated and cooperative approach between the City and the business community to promote alternative transportation opportunities and improve the air quality in Elk Grove.
- Cooperate and coordinate with other cities, counties, communities, and regional agencies in these endeavors.
Businesses or common work locations as an effort to reduce emissions and single occupant vehicles are encouraged to develop and implement a TDM Plan. The City also suggests that you designate an Employee Transportation Coordinator. Employee Transportation Coordinator serve as liaisons between the City of Elk Grove and employees/businesses in the City, and they play a vital role in implementing TDM Plans for businesses throughout the City of Elk Grove. Please click here if you are a Employee Transportation Coordinator or want to know more about Employee Transportation Coordinator.
Should you be interested in creating a TDM Plan or need assistance in regarding to implementing a TDM Program, please contact the City of Elk Grove Transit Services at (916) 687-3031 or email email@example.com.
The City of Elk Grove TDM Program is administered by the City of Elk Grove, Development Services, Transit Services. Staff are available to answer questions about the TDM program; and to provide advice, support, and material to Employee Transportation Coordinator responsible for promoting alternative commute opportunities.
- Commuter Alternatives Home
- About TDM in Elk Grove
- Amtrak California
- Commuter Benefits
- Developer & Owner Information
- Elk Grove/South Sacramento Commuter Club
- Emergency Ride Home Program
- Employee Transportation Coordinators
- e-tran and e-van
- High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes serving Elk Grove
- Regional Transit
- Sacramento Region 511
- Transit Commuter Calculator