Transit Services (e-tran)
ez-tran Neighborhood Shuttle Service:
- ez-tran neighborhood shuttles are smaller buses (approximately 35 feet or less in length) that offer residents greater mobility and new transit options on local intra-community trips.
- ez-tran neighborhood shuttles have regular, pre-designated, pre-scheduled routes, but offer special curb-to-curb service (not to be confused with ADA paratransit door-to-door service). The shuttles are able to "deviate" travel off route up to ¾ of a mile to pick up and drop off seniors age 62 and older, persons with disabilities and Medicare card holders who have a valid ADA paratransit pass or e-van eligibility card.
- These routes serve the front door of popular destinations such Wal-Mart, WinCo Foods, Senior Center of Elk Grove, Laguna Townhall, Renwick Square Apartments, Elk Grove City Hall, Kaiser Permanente, UC Davis Medical Group, Vintage at Laguna Senior Apartments, Sutter Medical Plaza, Cosumnes River College, UA Theaters, Century Theaters, Cosumnes Community Services District Office, Barbara J. Wackford Community & Aquatics Complex, Marketplace 99, Franklin High School, Toby Johnson Middle School, Raley’s, Bel Air supermarkets and many other destinations in Elk Grove.
- Reservations must be made at least one hour in advance, up to two days in advance. To request a route deviation on ez-tran, please call (916) 687-3081. The reservation line is open everyday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. or ask the bus operator when on the bus.
- Passengers pay only $1.50 per trip (75 cents for passengers paying a discount fare). e-tran and RT monthly passes, daily passes and transfers are also accepted. Passengers with valid ADA paratransit pass or e-van eligibility card ride free.
- All passengers that are 62 years old or older, Medicare card holders or have a disability (except for Lifetime Pass holders), including those with valid ADA paratransit pass or e-van eligibility card, must pay an additional 50 cents for a route deviation.
Marked bus stops are located along the route, and printed schedules are available at several locations around Elk Grove.
Each ez-tran vehicle can transport 12-17 passengers and up to two wheelchairs.
Please click below for route and schedule information on our ez-tran neighborhood shuttle routes:
Click here to download reader.